Incredible Diversity, Outstanding Programs, One School...
Lincoln Park High School provides an atmosphere of excellence, creativity, mutual respect, and enthusiasm that encourages and supports all students and members of our diverse school community in reaching their potential in academic, extra-curricular,and inter-personal pursuits. We strive to develop critical thinking, social development, cultural enrichment, and leadership in our diverse student body.
LPHS not only serves as a neighborhood high school, it attracts students from all over the City of Chicago through our magnet programs: the world recognized International Baccalaureate program (IB), the award-winning Performance Arts program and the academic challenging Double Honors/College Prep program.
Fun Facts about LPHS:
• 7 students were named National Merit Scholarship Semi-Finalists this year and 6 were named as National Achievement Semifinalists.
• 13 students were named by the National Merit as Commended students.
• Over the past 25 years Lincoln Park has received top honors in city competition in both vocal and instrumental music. Ranked 2nd in Music in the state in Class AA for the 4th consecutive year.
• Selected as the “Pep Band of the Year” by IHSA.
• Rated #11 high school in Illinois by US News and World Report.
• The Washington Post ranked LPHS the 4th best high school in Illinois.
• 5 gold medals, 3 silver medals and 1 bronze medal in the All-City Art Exhibition.
• Chicago History Fair - 5 students made it to National History Day in Washington D.C. and earned 9th place in the nation.
• The Math Team finished the season in first place in their division at City Finals.
• The ACT composite score of 22.3 (2012) is up from 21.6 (2011).
• Our IB Program is among the top 10% of IB Programs world wide. Since 1984, approximately 87% of LP IB students have earned the full IB Diploma, significantly more than the international average.
• Lincoln Park was selected to appear in the Cambridge 800, celebrating the 800th anniversary of that university. Lincoln Park was one of two schools in the United States recognized for its success in global and international education.
LPHS has a very important place in the urban education setting. Through our cultural and socioeconomic diverse student population we have proved that it is possible to create an enriching, positive environment which supports staff, students and families from many Chicago neighborhoods.
Our school is no stranger to city and state budget cuts. Every year education expectations rise while our budgets are cut. Sometimes that means we can't utilize the latest of technology in our classrooms, we aren't able to buy sports equipment, we can't put on school plays every year, we aren't able to properly maintain a 100+ year old building, we can't offer all the classes we want to..the list goes on and on.
Through donations we can supplement decreased budgets and improve the educational experience for all of our students.
Your donation ensures that we can continue enhancing the future of LPHS students!!
If you are interested in learning more about the long history of LPHS, please visit: History of LPHS